Graduate Civil & Structural Engineer
Recognising our people are our future; HCE Ltd strive to hire exceptional individuals who can enjoy a fulfilling and long-term career with the practice. We are looking to appoint a Graduate Civil & Structural Engineer to join our engineering team based in Swansea, where you will play a key role in making sure our clients continue to receive a first-class service.
Your role will be to support the Senior Engineers and technical management on the delivery of a wide range of projects to the highest quality and to budget. The projects vary across the residential, commercial, education, industrial, and defence sectors.
This is a busy consultancy, and no two days are the same, so we are looking for a Graduate Engineer who is adaptable, efficient and is willing to go the extra mile when required.
You will collaboratively work with other design team members and have opportunities to work on a wide variety of schemes and innovative, technically challenging work.
Engineers who have been graduated for over 1 year with relevant experience are also encouraged to apply.
· Graduate Engineer with relevant degree from an ICE/IStructE approved course for enrolment onto a Graduate Training Programme
· Demonstrates commercial acumen
· Ability to make reasoned decisions
· Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
· Ability to build professional working relationships with external and internal colleagues.
· Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and have good time management skills
· Positive attitude with drive and energy to learn and develop.
Key skills and experience we are looking for:
· 2:1 degree (or above) in MEng (Hons)/BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering,
· Strong technical and analytical skills.
· Knowledge of MS Office with the ability to pick up new software
· Knowledge of AutoCad desirable
· Knowledge of SketchUp desirable
· Knowledge of MS Office 365 and Adobe Acrobat essential.
· Knowledge of MS Sharepoint desirable
· In order to be considered for this programme you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK
· Full Driving Licence
Remuneration / benefits
You will receive an attractive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
· Contributory Pension Scheme
· 25 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays
· Professional subscriptions
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Free onsite parking
· Cycle to work scheme
· Support to gain Chartership
· Training and Development
· Flexible working hours